Professional maintenance of synthetic grass
Meeting investors and users’ r requirements Dawar Goup has extended a range of its services to professional maintenance of synthetic grass pitches since 2008.
Grass manufacturers recommend regular maintenance of synthetic grass surfaces to prolong their longevity to maximum. In-depth cleaning, penetrating down to the lowest layer of the filling of the synthetic surface, removes all organic and non-organic pollutions from the sand as well as from the rubber aggregate. In the process of cleaning all bended fibers of grass get straightened. The bending of the fibers is a common process resulting from daily use of the pitch.
Surfaces which are not cleaned or are badly maintained get damaged much quicker than the cleaned ones. Money spent on systematic maintenance seems to be totally justified and relatively low in comparison to expenses related to their fixing or exchanging.
The range of services related to the maintenance of synthetic grass pitches is as follows:
- Removal of all loose objects from the surface
- Cleaning of the grass through combing which is to remove stones or other pollution such as glass splinters, plastic parts, bottle corks, etc.
- Tightening out of the filling material so that it does not undergo condensation or any other process which might cause formation of lumps in the aggregate which, in consequence, might limit correct permeability of the surface
- In-depth cleaning of the filling of the synthetic grass through sucking of the rubber aggregate and then running it through sieves in order to separate organic and non-organic pollutions from the aggregate which once the cleaning is over is combed back into the grass of the pitch again
- Thorough spreading of the aggregate on the whole surface which help grass fibers to stay undamaged during daily use and limit the chance of damaging them in general
- Filling in of the lacking aggregate and/or silica sand
- Combing with special brushes which straightens and refreshes bended grass fibers as well as improves sport and technical features of the pitch
The lack of maintenance of the pitch may result in the following consequences:
- Possible loss of a guarantee
- Significant shortening of the pitch’s longevity which means buying a new and very expensive element of the pitch mainly the synthetic grass
- Lack of maintenance of the pitch will make the surface as hard as an asphalt or concrete pitch which increases the risk of injuries due to too hard a surface as well as due to incorrect rotation of the foot and lack of right amortization
- Consolidation of the aggregate into a dense surface may cause inefficiency of the drainage system which in turn make the pitch marshy and become an ideal environment for growth of moss and algae; this in turn increases the risk of allergic reactions in users of the pitch which is a consequence of lack of proper maintenance and cleaning of the facility.